Monday 24 May 2010

So where do I start?

.

I blame Sandra Gottacraft entirely - whilst at a cheam crop she suggested that I start a blog to keep a track on my attempts to keep fit. Well, now everyone seems to be starting blogs I figured I'd better start one too!

Annice and I have signed up to do the Cancer Research Race for Life on June 27th, and for the last month have been making concerted efforts to get out and at least get used to walking the 5K distance. We've been joined by friends Nikki and Madison, and have been walking three times a week without fail - we've even managed to jog some of the time! I think our jaw muscles are certainly very strong now though!

In addition, I finally got the Wii fit out from behind the sideboard, and stepped on it last week, to discover it was only 600 days since i'd last used it. Surprisingly, I hadn't managed to meet the 7lb target weight loss that I'd set on it last time I used it! Ooops! So - it comes out every evening now, unless we're walking of course! Annice has been doing the hula hoop exercises, whilst I've found a fondness for trying to head footballs...not sure what all that's about. Added to the Wii game collection last week when I picked up Wii Fit Plus and Active Personal Trainer.

Did my first session with the Personal Trainer thing on Saturday night - 25 minutes on the easy level. Plenty of sweat but no tears....and felt good for having done some squats, lunges, boxing and kick boxing, as well as some gentle running on the spot. Little did I know what was to come. Throughout Sunday I started to discover that I have these really odd things in my thighs - apparently they're called muscles. What started out as a gentle ache at lunch time gradually became worse throughout the day - so decided the best way to deal with it was to have another go. No running this time, some lunges and sqauts, and plenty of boxing and kick boxing. Felt OK after - not as bad as before I started. What did however suffer was the bathroom floor - I totally forgot that i'd started running Annice's bath before I got started, and then couldn't figure out why the bathroom floor resembled a swimming pool...Ooops again!

Today is a totally different matter. I struggled to pull my legs out of bed this morning, hobbled down to the station, and promptly got on the train - to discover they've changed the train timetable, and that I wasn't on the train to Victoria - but to London Bridge. Got off said train at London Bridge - hobbled to the end of the platform, and found the next train back to Victoria. Eventually got to work an hour late - however - due to the boss getting married this weekend, everyone else was also late in - and I was still the first to arrive!

Getting up and down the stairs is proving to be a problem - I look like a ninety year old - thank God for the lift, otherwise i'd just be in a heap at the bottom of the stairs right now.

I guess they do say "no pain no gain" so I'll just have to go home this evening and have another go!

Current Stats

Weight 16st 2lbs
BMI 41.1

1 comment

sandra@gottacraft.co.uk said...

Good for you ... I will take some blame for the blog - although I have to say I think it's a good thing :f: ... but I'll take no blame for the aches and pains, or the bathroom floor and most certainly not for the wrong train! Welcome to the world of blogging

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment